Welcome to CrossWind Community Church’s webpage
Welcome to CrossWind Church. CrossWind Church is a church about people; people connecting to Jesus in a real and personal way. We are a new and contemporary full on rock church. We enjoy rock music, good coffee, and relevant messages that deal with real life issues.
September Sermon Series:
Life VerseEverybody has one, it’s a verse from scripture that speaks to you, almost as though it was written for just you. It’s very personal, and usually there is a story behind why we are drawn to that particular Bible verse. Have your found your verse or has your verse found you? We will learn how God can direct your journey by one little verse. Join us in September and find out how to find and live by your LifeVerse.
The top 10 things you need to know if you are coming to visit us!
1. We offer two services each Sunday morning, and one service on Monday nights, with a variety of styles to choose from.
Sunday: 9:00am is our contemplative service in the Kid’s Wing. The music will be acoustic, the message the same as all of our other services.
Sunday 10:30am is our modern praise experience. We have a rockin’ band. Join us, offer praise and allow the Word of God to transform your life.
Monday 7:00 pm is Mondays at A.J.s Bar and Grill. (1830 142nd Ave., Dorr, MI 49323)
Following Jesus isn’t convenient, but getting together with others on the journey is becoming more convenient. Here’s how it works: Come and eat, hear great music, and be inspired at the beginning of your week. A.J.’s is open and serving their normal menu. Eat as much or as little as you want. You pay for your own meal. You don’t have to order anything to join us.
2. Dress casually for all three services – no dress codes here.
3. When you enter the church building, there will be greeters and an information table. Ask for a tour or information. Someone will be willing to answer your questions or get you where you need to go.
4. Bring your kids along. CrossWind cares for children birth through fourth grade. More than just childcare, CrossWind Kid’s uses the best methods of communicating the truth of God’s Word in age appropriate and culturally relevant ways. We do this so that kids will be able to understand and apply God’s truth easily within the context of their own lives. Crosswind offers nursery and preschool at our Sunday 9:00 am service and nursery through 4th grade during the Sunday 10:30 am service.
CrossWind Student Ministry seeks to reach 5th-12th grade students with the truth of the Gospel, and to equip them to live lives that bring glory to Jesus. Students, grades 5th-8th and 9th-12th, gather during the Sunday 10:30 service for games, worship, teaching and discussion.
Your kids and students can also sit with you in service until they get comfortable here. CrossWind is a kid-friendly place!
5. Grab a cup of coffee or get some water before, during and after the Sunday services.
8. During worship, when the offering plate comes around, feel free to simply pass it on. We do not ask our guests to contribute.
9. Pastor Scott would love to meet you, so please feel free to introduce yourself after the service and say hi.
10. If it happens to be a communion Sunday – don’t freak out! In the United Methodist Church, communion is open to everyone, so feel free to join us; or you may choose to remain seated while others come forward.
Well, if you got all the way to the bottom of this list, you’re someone who has to courage to check out a new church. We really appreciate you taking time to visit and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The church’s mission comes from Jesus.
Making disciples for the transformation of the world.
Why do we exist? What do we want to be/look like?
Love in action…showing people Jesus.
We drop our facades and do life together – Not one of us is perfect, but God loves us even when we don’t “have our act together”. Because we can be ourselves we are free to welcome others…into our space, our lives and into a relationship with God.
We serve God by serving others – We serve the people in our world with listening ears, an open heart and helping hands. We also believe in the truth given by Mother Teresa: “Small things done with great love change the world.” Each of us is called to give back the love God has given us. One of the ways we do that publicly is through Servant Evangelism, a simple, straightforward approach that anyone can do to share God’s love.
Pray like it depends on God and work like it depends on us – God provides us with hands and feet, hearts and voices to accomplish His work. We humbly work hard in all we do to serve His church. Yet it is God’s work and we ask daily for divine guidance and miraculous help.
We love people where they are and are willing to do most anything to help them meet Jesus. We know it’s never too late for someone to be who God intended them to be.
We grow our relationship with Christ on a daily basis – A disciple is a person who engages in personal holiness that brings a personal transformation on the inside and a life transformation outside. These transformations take place as our spiritual temperature is raised through daily time alone with God in prayer and the study of scripture, connecting with other Christ – followers and weekly public worship.
Hand2Hand is a resource for children facing hunger over the weekend. This is done by providing a bag with food on Fridays for the child to take home. CrossWind is again sponsoring Hand2Hand in Dorr Elementary School. Hand2 Hand is a mission of our church. Please join us in October collecting and donating any of the following items. Individual canned soup/stew, canned chicken/tuna, flavored Rice, canned fruit/fruit cups, oatmeal, cereal, peanut butter and jelly
CrossWind MOPS – Moms of infants through Preschool aged children: Join us at MOPS! A chance to enjoy a warm breakfast, meet other moms, learn and grow as women, wives and mothers and develop friendships. Childcare is provided.
CrossWind MOPS meets the First and Third Fridays of each month, 9:30-11:30 AM. $50 membership (assistance can be arranged if needed).
Don’t have little ones but still want to be involved in this awesome ministry? We need Mentor Moms and Childcare help too!
Questions? Want to sign up? Contact Kristy (616) 366-5866
Ugh! Forget your offering on Sundays or Mondays? Want an easy way to give today, weekly or monthly? Scan the QR code or go to crosswindcc.org and make your offering today with CrossWind e-giving. You can set up how often and how much you want to give.
Weekend Worship Schedule
Sunday Worship Times: 9:00 and 10:30 am
1683 142nd Avenue
Dorr, MI 49323
Monday Worship Time: 7:00 pm
1830 142nd Avenue
Dorr, Mi 49323
Come check us out on Sunday or Monday. See you then!
New Spaces for New Faces featuring CrossWind Church