We are so excited that you decided to check us out! We want to make sure that you are well informed about us before your visit, so please read on to find out more about who we are and what we believe.
First off, CrossWind isn’t about being just another church of the community that offers multiple services, serves the best coffee on Sunday morning, or has great worship and relevant teaching. CrossWind is about being church in the community: LOVE in action by showing people Jesus, because we believe that you will never meet a person that Jesus didn’t die for.
A vision statement cannot only be words on a sheet of paper or a screen– it has to be carried out through actions. CrossWind follows the vision of “LOVE in action” with Servant Evangelism, which includes doing things like passing out free donuts in the spring, freeze pops at the annual Fourth of July parade, or hosting a community carnival that is completely free.
CrossWind is not a place for being perfect.
We are a place where imperfect people can come together in real community, experience the love of Jesus, find hope in scripture, and grow together.
So, bring your questions and your doubts.
Bring your joys and your heartache.
Bring your hopes and bring your struggles.
They are welcome here.
You are welcome here!
The most important things you need to know if you are planning to visit us!
1. We offer two identical services each Sunday morning, and one service on Monday nights, Visit our “Services” page for more information.
2. Dress casually for all three services – there are no dress codes here.
3. If you plan to visit on a Sunday, expect to be greeted by members of our Welcome Team. Feel free to ask for a tour or more information. They will be willing to answer your questions and get you where you need to go.
4. Bring your kids along. CrossWind cares for children birth through fourth grade. For more information, please visit our “CrossWind Kids” page.
5. Grab a cup of coffee or get some water before, during and after the Sunday services.
6. During worship, when the offering plate comes around, feel free to simply pass it on. We do not ask our guests to contribute.
7. Pastor Kevin would love to meet you, so please feel free to introduce yourself after the service and say “Hi.”
8. If it happens to be a communion Sunday – don’t freak out! In the United Methodist Church, communion is open to everyone, so feel free to join us; or you may choose to remain seated while others come forward
Weekly Service Times:
9 am- CrossWind Celebration Service
10:30 am- CrossWind Celebration Service
7 pm- Table Talk (Meet at 5 Lakes Brewing Company)
For more information, please visit our “Services” page.
CrossWind Community Church | 1683 142nd Ave | Dorr, MI 49323