Welcome to CrossWind Community Church, we are glad you are here.
We serve the community in many ways and have a place for you at the table.
GOD is the creator and ruler of the universe. He eternally exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal, each possessing the attributes of deity.
JESUS CHRIST, God’s eternal Son, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying as our substitute. He rose from the dead demonstrating His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return to earth to consummate history.
The HOLY SPIRIT is present in the world to continue the work of Jesus today. The Holy Spirit makes us aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He draws us to Christ for salvation. He also lives in every Christian and equips believers for personal growth and service.
HUMAN BEINGS are created by God in His spiritual image to have fellowship with Him. We have defied God by choosing to go our own way. This disobedience, called sin, separates us from God. God works endlessly to call us to Himself. We need God’s saving grace to end our alienation from Him.
The BIBLE is God’s word to all of us. Human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit wrote it. It is the source of truth for Christian beliefs and living, and the final authority on all matters on which it bears.
SALVATION is a gift from God, which must be accepted individually by repentance and faith during our lifetime. This happens by trusting in Jesus Christ. When we do so trust, we receive forgiveness. No human effort or good works can achieve salvation.
ETERNITY is the place we are created to exist forever. We will either live in union with God through salvation or eternally separated from God. Eternal life with God begins the moment we receive Jesus Christ into our life by faith.
What We Believe…
How can you know if CrossWind is right for you? You’ll find not better place to start searching than our Core Values, which shape everything we do.
- Lost people matter to God, and therefore matter to the church.
(Like 5:30-32, Luke 15, Matthew 18:14)
- The church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
(1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
- Quality honors God and inspires people.
(Colossians 3:17, Malachi 1:6-14, Proverbs 27:17)
- Clear biblical teaching is the catalyst for life transformation.
- Christ-followers should pursue becoming like Jesus and continually take steps toward an intimate passionate relationship with Christ.
(Ephesians 4:24-26, 32, Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 1:6)
- Ongoing life-change happens best in small groups.
(Luke 6:12-13, Acts 2:44-47)
- The church should offer opportunities for all people to take steps toward Christ through service or participation at their level of commitment.
- The ministries of the church should be based upon the spiritual gifts, temperaments and talents of its Christ-followers.
(1 Corinthians 12 and 14, Romans 12, Ephesians 4, Psalm 133:1)
- Multiplication is an indication of life in a Christian Community. Our call is to multiply locally and to invest in the lives of other churches and other church leaders for the growth of God’s Kingdom.
(Matthew 28:16-20, Acts 1:8)
Jodi Haverdink, Children’s Ministry Leader and also leads Hand2Hand.
Who we are…
We have volunteer opportunities available throughout the year. Contact the church office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bart & Kathy DeKraker, who care for our building.